- 2 lb Halibut Fillets
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped green peppers
- 1/25 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped carrots
- 6 tbl butter or margarine divided
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 3 tbl flour
- 2 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbl minced parsley
Remove skin and bones from halibut; cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute vegetables in 3 tablespoons butter. Add halibut, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
Add milk and heat gently. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter with flour and add to chowder. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 6-8 servings.