With thanks to Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- 4 King Salmon fillets, thawed
(Sockeye Red or Silver Salmon may be used instead of Silver Salmon)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1-1/2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 sheet (12 x 18 inch) heavy duty aluminum foil
In a shallow baking dish, combine brown sugar, oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Place Alaska salmon steaks/fillets in baking dish. Turn fish over several times to coat; refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes. Remove salmon from marinade. Cook on foil sheet on medium hot grill, turning once during cooking, about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Do not overcook.
Makes 2 servings.